Friday 24 August 2012

Evaluation of the summer so far.

It has been a long time since I last updated my blog and so I felt it was necessary to reflect and review what I have already achieved and what I have actually being doing in all of this time through the summer.
In terms of the summer brief I am happy with the overall topic and themes within this as they are all of personal interest, some greater than others, and feel that my past experiences and joys from the state have really pushed my motivation further into the research needed. However the progress overall has been very slow and not at the stage I was hoping to be at to say I am this far into the holiday period.
This slow progress has most likely been due to personal set backs I have had recently and the amount of work my job has required me to do recently. But luckily all that is behind me and feel now that I am able to move ahead with my life and more importantly right now the brief.
I also entered the Republic t shirt design competition with no intention of winning but for my own personal achievement. This was the one of the first live briefs I have entered and has allowed me to realise what is actually required within them. I was relatively pleased with my outcomes as I had only a day after returning back of holiday to complete them. The experience has showed me that I am able to produce ideas and outcomes quickly if needed so was very good practice.
I am aiming to make massive progress over the next few weeks with the research and practical elements required before we go back on the 24th September and also allow myself time to complete some of my own personal illustrations so that I am still exploring my independent practice. Although I am a little annoyed that there is a good chance I will have no time to look into screen printing before we go back so this is high priority when starting back.

No comments:

Post a Comment