Monday 24 September 2012

Initial idea development.

With the character illustrations all created and colour filled all I need to do now is to produce these into a promotional poster for the film. Keeping the minimalist design style in mind to create a simplistic visual throughout the set. 


During the character illustration development I looked at using just tones of blue to colour the visuals and at that point in the design I thought they worked well and created more of a set of images that didn't look too fussy but still recognisable but when in use on the poster format I could instantly tell it wasn't going to work. The tones made the poster look too flat and cold with little interest and impact to attract the audience. Even the older audience wanting to target would find this too dull and too out of character with the film. Resorting back to the original character colours was a better option as more recognisable with the original film theme and imagery is more dynamic, impacting more on audience which is needed for a poster to promote well and do its job better in context. 



When looking at the minimalist inspiration I have noticed that the layout and font styles chosen are simple yet bold, so I have mimicked this across my own design. Experimented slightly with different background tones and scale for the font until I was happy with the proportions of each element. Feel that the main element and first impact was to come from the character illustration so made this the largest scaled part of the poster. 





No comments:

Post a Comment