Thursday 27 September 2012

New final outcomes.






I am pleased with the newer outcomes of my final solution ready for the upcoming crit and presentation. This is because I feel they are visually stronger than previously because the layout and grid is better resulting in neater and more readable and structured copy on the inner pages. Also by adding interest to the quote on the back improves the use of image and text on the piece and makes the text more illustrated reflecting the nature of the imagery. The use of the slanted and obscured alignment for the quote relates the copy more to the theme of the film and the idea of a jungle because it is more disorientated and rouged; reading is obscured much like visuals would be if travelling in the jungle. Although it is not conventional I have still made sure that the font style and size is clear to ease the reading for the younger audience I am targeting. The illustration style has remained the same throughout my development of the solution because I feel that this was the only element I was completely happy with anyway because it is appropriate for the audience and is still recognisable as the character as well as introducing this different and minimalist style I have been wanting to achieve throughout. The project as a whole has gone well and I have enjoyed been able to research into my own personal interests. Also finding out new information and a more in depth knowledge of the subject has been good because it has given me a new perspective on the film and the animation used within Disney's work and how this could be applied to their other works. There are many other avenues of enquiry that link closely to the theme of Tarzan that I didn't have time in the end to look into but if this research is to be used further into the modules in upcoming year I can confidently say that there is enough material to work with and more broader fields that could be explored to expand the work if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment